Family protection isn’t luck, it’s planning that requires careful thought and preparation.
Arm your children, and yourselves, with knowledge and physical tools to keep them safe. We believe our family security handbook might one day save your child’s life.
Family Security & Safety Handbook Topics
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
- Our Contacts
- When and how to call for help
- Phones, social media other electronics
- Let’s chat about favorite song / songs
- Dealing with a bully
- Never, ever do these things and the unfortunate consequences
- Do we know the neighbors?
- Our family alarm system and how it works and why
- Fire drill plan
- The buddy system
- Trust your intuition and feelings
- Safety in our home
- Methods to keep you safe – tips and tricks
- What to do if your child becomes lost
- Child safety kits and safety events
We’re actively developing handbooks to help you navigate these times with your family, in a way that’s safe, comfortable, and secure.
Stay in the Loop
Organizations like the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) partner with law enforcement to provide parents with free child safety kits. You can also contact your local police department directly to learn about any upcoming safety kit events. At these events, you’ll learn how to take fingerprints and sample your child’s DNA for storage. Plus, you may get forms to update when you change address, your child has a birthday, or they get a new distinguishing item like glasses.